We are pleased to announce the 6th International Biennial Meeting of Human Variome Project Consortium (HVP6) will again be held at UNESCO headquarters in Paris. This biennial meeting will provide updates on the achievements of the past two years and time for discussion on the plans for the next two years of activities.
HVP6 will bring together some of the most prominent professionals from around the world who address the many aspects of human genetics. You are encouraged to explore and share knowledge on data sharing, interpretation of unknown variants, collaboration between developing and developed countries, opportunities for the global collection, curation, and much more.
We are seeking your views on all of these topics and issues and actions involving the development and dissemination of standards and guidelines, ethical frameworks, and education.
We look forward to welcoming you to UNESCO and Paris in 2016.
You may view the penultimate program here.
SORRY - ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL HAS CLOSED.
We invite abstracts to be submitted to the meeting for both oral and poster presentations within the specific themes below. Abstracts that address other areas of human genetic variation also will be welcome. Please see the Abstract tab above for instructions on formatting and how to submit. General abstract submission has closed.
You do not need to submit an abstract to attend.
Themes for Abstract Submission
- Variation interpretation and pathogenicity assessment
- HVP Collaborating Networks between developed and developing countries
- Systematics - from nomenclature to phenotype
- Database creation, content and curation
- Standards & Guidelines
- Capacity building - Education & Training
- Linking quality variant data (molecular genetics) to clinics
- Integration of NGS data
- Ethical, legal & social issues
Scientific Programme Committee
Qasim Ayub (Hinxton, UK)
Arleen D. Auerbach (New York, NY, USA)
Raymond Dalgleish (Leicester, United Kingdom)
Marc Greenblatt (Burlington, VT, United States)
Aida Falcon de Vargas (Caracas, Venezuela)
Raj Ramesar (Cape Town, South Africa)
Mauno Vihinen (Lund, Sweden)
Martina Witsch-Baumgartner (Innsbruck, Austria)
Satellite Meetings - You may register here - scroll down the page to find satellite link.
Delegates to the HVP6 meeting may attend one satellite of their choosing at no extra cost should they wish to attend (this does not apply to meetings marked " by invitation only"). At present this applies only to the LOVD Course. THe Global Globin meeting "may"open is there is space once invitations are accepted.
- Global Globin 2020 - 9.00 am - 5.30 pm, Monday 30th May & Tuesday 31st May
- LOVD Genetic Variant Database Curation Course - Tuesday 31st May - 11.00 am - 3.30 pm
- Variant Nomenclature Workshop - Tuesday 31st May - 3.30 pm - 5.30 pm
- BRCA Workship - Wednesday 1st June (Concurrent with HVP6 meeting)
The conference will be held at UNESCO Headquarters, 7 Place de Fontenoy, Paris, France.
Please be sure to bring PHOTO ID with you as you may be asked by security. Names not on the list will not be allowed into UNESCO.
Monday 30th May 2016
- Registration GG2020 only: 9.00 am - 9.30 am; UNESCO 7 Place de Fontenoy
- Global Globin 2020 meeing: 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
Tuesday 31st May 2016 - SATELLITE MEETINGS
- Registration: 9.00 am - 11.00 am; UNESCO 7 Place de Fontenoy
- Global Globin 2020 meeing continued: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Coffee Mixer: 10.45 am - 11.00 am
- Satellite Meetings: 11.00 am - 5.30 pm
Wednesday 1st June 2016
- Registration: 9.00 am - 9.30 am: UNESCO 7 Place de Fontenoy
- HVP6 BEGINS 9.30 am
- BRCA Workshop 9.30 am - 3.30 pm
- Plenary Meeting: Salle IV, 9.30 am - 5.30 pm
- Welcome Reception: 5.30 pm - 7.30 pm 7th Floor Bar UNESCO
Thursday 2nd June 2016
- Concurrent & Plenary Sessions: 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
- Richrd G. H. Cotton Memorial Dinner - Dinner Cruise on the Seine (you must pre-purchase a separate ticket to attend)
Friday 3rd June 2016
- Concurrent Sessions Meeting: Salle IV, 9.00 am - 10.50 am
- HVP6 MEETING END: 10.50 am
- Joint meeting of GDSDBAC & ICCAC: Salle IV, 11.10 am - 1.00 pm
- access to the HVP6 Sessions at UNESCO (1st - 3rd June 2016)
- coffee breaks
- lunch at the UNESCO cafeteria on 1st and 2nd June
- Welcome reception at UNESCO
- and a satellite meeting of your choosing should you wish to attend one (30th & 31st May 2016)
Optional Conference Dinner Cruise
Please see the Social Programme page for details.
HVP consortium members receive a Euro 100 discount to the HVP6 conference & a Euro 30 discount to satellite meetings. It is free to join the Human Variome Project Consortium, go to the Membership Registration Page and sign up. Once you are confirmed please come back to this site and register.